Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday!!

The title of this post refers to my wonderful hubby...unfortunately I've already hit that milestone last year :(

About a month ago, we were at the Cheesecake Factory where he enjoyed a gigantic slice of Key Lime Cheesecake. So in honor of this momentous occasion, I decided to try and re-create on of his favorite desserts. Now since I didn't have any of the "professional" cheesecake, it was difficult to say if it was an accurate copycat recipe, however the birthday boy loved it. It was great (and tasted even better the next day), but I also loved the fact that I made another cheesecake that turned out pretty darned good. I may have overcooked it by a couple of minutes, only based on the top coloring, and I did have a couple of cracks in the top...but it didn't affect the flavor. I am determined to make the perfect cheesecake, I guess practice will make perfect, and I'm sure that the hubby won't mind one bit :)


Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake
Copycat Restaurant Recipes

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
3− 8oz. pkgs cream cheese, softened1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes) If using key limes or juice,use half as much.3 eggs
whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350*.

Combine crumbs, butter and 1 Tbsp. sugar in a bowl.Stir well to to coat all crumbs.
Keep it crumbly.

Press the crumbs onto the bottom and half way up the sides of an 8" springform pan.
Bake crust for 5 minutes and set aside.

In large bowl combine cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer till smooth.

Add the lime juice and eggs andcontinue to beat till smooth and creamy.

Pour filling into crust.

Bake for 60 to 70 mins. If top is turning light brown it's done. Remove from oven and allow to cool till room temperature. Put into fridge.

When chilled, remove the pan sides and cut.

Serve with whipped cream.

2 comments:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Key Lime Cheesecake?! YUM! That sounds really refreshing and delightful! Happy Birthday to your husband!

Colleen said...

Ooh key lime AND cheesecake?! Sounds great!