Thursday, January 22, 2009

Don't Like Pulled Pork? Try Chicken!

Everyone has heard of pulled pork, Jamie likes it, but I'm not really a fan of pork. So I thought, why not do it with chicken instead? I've made this a few times now over the past couple of years, but I always forgot to blog it. It's just so easy & makes great leftovers.


Crock pot BBQ Pulled Chicken

3 chicken breasts
1 bottle of BBQ sauce, I used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ
1 medium onion, thickly sliced
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 bottle of beer, I used an amber ale

Mix together sauce, liquid smoke, garlic, onions and beer in the crock pot and set to low. Rub salt and pepper over chicken breasts, and place in crock pot and lightly covered with the sauce mixture.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Depending on how big or how fast your crock pot is, you may need to add more beer or sauce if it gets too dry. Remove the breasts, shred with forks, serve on a large bun and with additional sauce if desired. Also, I have taken it out a little early, shredded the chicken, removed some of the excess liquid in the pot, and returned the shredded chicken and set it to warm for 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was excited when I saw this in my google reader. I don't like pork but always thought pulled pork sandwiches sounded awesome. Thanks for the recipe!

Vijitha said...

Hi ya
This is my first time. You have a lovely space.

Yummy post. Look so tempting.

Do have a look at my blog.
I am sure that I will keep visiting you.
Stay in touch.
Cheers
Vij

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum! comforting, hearty and so easy in the crock pot!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

I love chicken bbq sandwiches. I gave you some awards in my blog. Have a great day!