Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Anti Buffalo Wild Wings Wings

The regular way that I make chicken wings included the evil deep fryer and stick of butter. Now that fried foods have been banned (well almost...) around this house, Jamie was dying for some of his favorite snack, so I tried wings cooked in a crockpot, which I found in the What's Cooking Low Fat Crockpot Recipe file. I don't eat wings, but Jamie gave them a thumbs up!


Chicken Wings in Teriyaki Sauce . 1.6 Points Per Serving (Weight Watchers)

3 pounds chicken wings -- about 16 wings
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup brown sugar I used 3/4 cup
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry -- or chicken broth I used broth, didn't have sherry
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
I added 1/4 teriyaki sauce

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joint to make two sections. Place wing parts on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is brown. Transfer chicken to Crock-Pot Slow Cooker.

Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings. Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or on High 2 to 3 hours. Stir chicken wings once to ensure wings are evenly coated with sauce. Serve from Crock-Pot Slow Cooker.

Per serving: 68 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 16mg Chol; 283mg Sodium 7I

No comments: