Thursday, August 14, 2008

Going Bananas

It was the very first thing I ever baked properly, and turns out wonderful every time I make it - banana bread! This recipe was so moist and banana-y (that should be a word) It made my house smell amazing. Jamie and I enjoyed a couple (or two or three...) slices, then I wrapped individual slices and stored them in the freezer for future quick breakfasts.



Banana Banana Bread
from Allrecipes

Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes Yields: 12 servings

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe
bananas
I added 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts & 1 tsp vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I LOOOOOOOOOVE banana bread. Looks so good I could eat the whole loaf!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I've made this awhile back and loved it! Yours came out beautifully :)

Unknown said...

I just found your blog a couple days ago and coincidentally made this exact same recipe (with the same additions) yesterday. Yours is prettier, but it sure tastes good.