Monday, July 7, 2008

A Grown-up Wine Cooler

Remember those cheap wine coolers you may have drank when you first started drinking adult beverages...Boone's comes to mind...... But I am all grown-up & now appreciate great wine, but sometimes it feels too heavy in the 90 + degree weather. So when I came across this at Good Things Catered, I just had to try it. Even though I forgot to add the sparkling water, it was delicious, even the hubby enjoyed sipping a pretty fruity drink! This is definitely a must try for the summertime.


Sauvignon Fruit Splash

Ingredients:
1 large bottle of a favorite, fruity Sauvignon Blanc I used Pinot Grigio since that's all I had
1 large bunch mint
1 splash (maybe 1/8 c.?) all natural grapefruit juice I added more like a 1/4-1/2 cup
1/2 c. simple syrup
1/2 c. fresh raspberries I added some blueberries too for some great color
1 bottle sparkling water I forgot to add this, but it still turned out great, I'll add it next time

Directions:

-Rip mint leaves in half and lightly muddle into bottom of large pitcher

-Add a large handful of ice and pour in wine.

-Add splash grapefruit juice and simple syrup and stir to combine thoroughly.

-Add raspberries and refrigerate for at least an hour.

-Remove from fridge, add more ice, top with sparkling water and serve.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I'm not a fan of grapefruit juice but I'd be willing to give this a try... besides, wine makes everything better :)

Steph said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!!!
See my blog for the rules!!

http://stephskitchen.blogspot.com/


Stephanie (Beebe)