Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sangria, por favor!!!

The one thing I love about going to Carraba's Italian restaurant is the Sangria. If you've never had it, it's a refreshing, jazzed up wine - there are many different variations of this, and can include many combinations of wine, liquors & fruit. This was my first time making it, and well...since the pitcher was gone by the end of the night, I'd say it was a success!


Classic Spanish Sangria
from Allrecipes

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours 10 Minutes Yields: 6 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
1 1/2 cups rum
1/2 cup white sugar
1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red
wine
1 cup orange juice

DIRECTIONS:
1.Have the fruit, rum, wine, and orange juice well chilled. Slice the lemon, lime and orange into thin rounds and place in a large glass pitcher. Pour in the rum and sugar. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to develop the flavors.

2.When ready to serve, crush the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon and stir in the wine and orange juice. Adjust sweetness to taste.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Ahem, would you care to submit this to my Sangria & Tapas blogging event this month? I'm accepting submissions up until July 26th and this would be a great addition to the round up! :) You rock, girl!

Ally said...

I love, love Sangria! Seriously, one of my favorite summer time drinks. Yours looks fabulous!