Saturday, July 5, 2008

If Elvis Were Alive Today....

...he would have been at my house eating breakfast! This is the first entry for breakfast on my blog - and there is one simple reason for that - I can't make it! Jamie is the breakfast king - but I had some bananas to use up, and my loaf and muffin pans seem to have disappeared. So...I found this simple and very yummy recipe for Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast on Allrecipes that would be fit for The King (not Jamie). I have never tried bananas & peanut butter together, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I served it warm with some maple syrup...and Jamie said "Thank you, thank you very much". :)

****After a suggestion by Joelen, a fellow WC'er, I've entered this recipe in the Fruit Frenzy Blogging Event, check out her awesome blog at Joelen's Culinary Adventures ******




Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast
Submitted by: BonRated: 4 out of 5 by 68 members
Prep Time: 10 MinutesCook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 15 MinutesYields: 2 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1 egg
1 dash vanilla extract
2 tablespoons creamy peanut
butter
2 slices bread
1 small banana, sliced
2 tablespoons butter

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg and vanilla together.

2. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of each slice of bread. Place the banana slices on top of one of the slices of bread. Place the other slice of bread on top of the first, to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

3. In a skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the heated skillet. Cook until brown on both sides. Serve hot.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oooh, PB & bananas is an awesome combo! Great idea stuffing these in french toast :) You could even submit this to the Fruit Frenzy blogging event I'm hosting (and maybe win the giveaway prize too!). Details are in my blog and thanks for sharing!

MrsSchoon said...

This looks delicious! I love the combination of bananas and peanut butter.