Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Taste of Florida....in Tennessee

I don't eat dessert or bake very often, but Jamie made a request for Key Lime Pie. I had a bag of limes to use, so I found this simple recipe. I only made a couple of changes, it was very good, and was great on a hot summer night...maybe I'll try baking more often!



Easy Key Lime Pie I
from Allrecipes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 35 Minutes Yields: 8 servings

INGREDIENTS:
5 egg yolks, beaten
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened
condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice After reading some of the reviews, I added the juice of half a lemon, and used 3/4 cup of total juice
1 (9 inch) prepared graham
cracker crust

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker shell.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. I baked it for 20-22 minutes Allow to cool. Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices if desired.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Your pie looks amazing! Key lime pie is my absolute fave :)